Fast-fix fried rice
A great way to use leftovers, this is a super-speedy one-pan supper.
- 2 tsp oil
- 1 egg
- 2 rashers bacon
- 175g mushrooms
- 200g frozen peas
- 1 garlic clove
- small knob of fresh root ginger
- 2 tsp dark soy sauce
- plus extra to serve
- 1 tsp sugar
- 250g cooked basmati rice
Level of difficulty Average
Preparation time 5mins
Cooking time 7mins
Cost Average budget
Heat the oil in a frying pan, then tip in the egg. Leave to set for 30 secs-1 min, swirling every now and again, then tip it out and finely slice. Add bacon and mushrooms to pan, then fry until golden, about 3 mins. Add peas, garlic and ginger, then cook for 1 min.
Mix the soy sauce and sugar together. Turn up the heat, add the cooked rice to the pan, heat through, then splash in the sweet soy sauce. Stir through the egg and serve straight away, with more soy sauce if you like.
Like these recipes? Then you'll love
- Kinder Bueno Cake 4.2/5 (459 Votes)
- Dumplings Without Using Suet 3.6/5 (359 Votes)
- FOOD PORN Duck breast in orange sauce 3.5/5 (252 Votes)
- Quick Spaghetti Bolognese Recipe... 3.3/5 (211 Votes)
- Healthy Ratatouille 3.7/5 (175 Votes)
- Roast Squash with Pear and Kiwi... 3.6/5 (154 Votes)
- Pineapple and ginger cheesecake 3/5 (224 Votes)
- Mason Jar Turkey Cranberry Salad 4.8/5 (49 Votes)
Chef Tips and Tricks
In this video, we show you the best way to trim and tie a roast, all by yourself! You don't need the butcher or supermarket to do it for you when it's so easy to do it at home.