Beginners cheap and easy couscous
- 2 chicken breasts
- 4 merguez sausages
- some beef
- 500gr of couscous
- olive oil
- 1 can chickpeas
- 34 carrots
- 1 small courgette
- 1 tbsp harissa
- 2 cubes
- beef bouillon
- 150g tomato concentrate
- mixed spices
Level of difficulty Easy
Preparation time 20mins
Cooking time 40mins
Cost Budget Friendly
In a large pot filled with water mix in the beef stock, spices, tomato paste, harissa on low heat.
Peel and cut all the vegetables into small pieces.
Cut the meat into small pieces (cook the merguez first in a frying pan).
Mix everything together in the pot and cook for 40 minutes stirring often.
Prepare the couscous in boiling water, (you can use the cooking water from the pot for more flavour).
And it's ready.
You can freeze any leftovers for those lazy nights when you don't feel like cooking!
Like these recipes? Then you'll love
- FOOD PORN Duck breast in orange sauce 3.5/5 (252 Votes)
- Quick Spaghetti Bolognese Recipe... 3.3/5 (211 Votes)
- Chicken and Mediterranean bake 5/5 (66 Votes)
- Hearty meatball bake 3.4/5 (177 Votes)
- Lithuanian Baked Cheesecake 3.6/5 (128 Votes)
- Varenyky (Ukrainian stuffed... 3.6/5 (142 Votes)
- Bulgur Wheat Salad 3.6/5 (103 Votes)
- Vegetable curry with peppers and... 4.1/5 (67 Votes)
Chef Tips and Tricks
In this video, we show you the best way to trim and tie a roast, all by yourself! You don't need the butcher or supermarket to do it for you when it's so easy to do it at home.