Vegetable curry with peppers and couscous
By "Saveurs indiennes" - Solar
- - 4 onions
- - 4 cloves of garlic
- - 1 red pepper
- - 4 orange peppers
- - 240g chickpeas
- - 600g potatoes with firm flesh
- - 6 tbsp oil
- - 40 cl coconut milk
- - 1 tsp chilli powder
- - 2 tsp turmeric powder
- - 300g couscous
- - 2 to 3 tbsp butter
- - Salt and pepper
Level of difficulty Easy
Cost Budget Friendly
Peel and slice the onions. Peel the garlic and crush. Split the pepper, remove seeds, rinse and slice it. Drain the chickpeas in a sieve. Peel the boiled potatoes and cut them into bite-sized pieces.
Heat the oil in a pan and fry the onions. Add the chilli, peppers and potatoes and sauté 5 minutes, stirring frequently. Add the crushed garlic, chickpeas and coconut milk. Season the curry with chilli and turmeric powder, cover and simmer the vegetables over low heat for 20 minutes.
Halfway through cooking, pour the couscous into a bowl and scald it with 30 ounces of boiling water, cover and leave to swell for 5 to 7 minutes. Stir the couscous with a fork to break it up and add butter.
Salt and pepper the vegetable curry, decorate with mint leaves and serve with the couscous.
Like these recipes? Then you'll love
- FOOD PORN Duck breast in orange sauce 3.5/5 (252 Votes)
- Quick Spaghetti Bolognese Recipe... 3.3/5 (211 Votes)
- Mango chutney 3.7/5 (160 Votes)
- Zigeuner Sauce (Gypsy Sauce) 3.4/5 (147 Votes)
- Cranberry Sauce with Jalapeno... 4.7/5 (32 Votes)
- Bulgur Wheat Salad 3.6/5 (103 Votes)
- Recipe: Indian Curried Vegetable... 3.5/5 (100 Votes)
- Couscous with sea bass with an... 3.4/5 (51 Votes)