Tasty and super-healthy veg-fest
- 1 tbsp red or green Thai curry paste
- 1/2 can coconut milk
- 500ml vegetable stock (reduced salt if possible)
- 1 aubergine
- 100g spinach
- 2 onions
- 75g red lentils
- 1 red + 1 yellow bell pepper
- 1/2 tin garden peas
- cooked brown rice + mango chutney or greek yoghurt to serve
Level of difficulty Easy
Preparation time 10mins
Cooking time 30mins
Cost Average budget
Heat a pan and add the curry paste together with a couple of tablespoons of the vegetable stock. Add the onions and fry for about five minutes until they soften. Add the chopped aubergine and fry for another five until soft.
Add the remainder of the stock to the pan together with the lentils, peppers and coconut milk, and simmer for fifteen minutes.
Add the peas and simmer for a further five minutes, then introduce the spinach to the pan and when wilted and mixed in serve with brown rice and mango chutney or greek yoghurt.
Like these recipes? Then you'll love
- Dumplings Without Using Suet 3.6/5 (250 Votes)
- Tomato Basil and Cheese scrambled... 3.8/5 (224 Votes)
- FOOD PORN Duck breast in orange sauce 3.5/5 (252 Votes)
- Quick Spaghetti Bolognese Recipe... 3.3/5 (211 Votes)
- Healthy Ratatouille 3.7/5 (173 Votes)
- Baigan Choka (Caribbean Aubergine... 3.3/5 (191 Votes)
- Parmentier de Confit de Canard 3.7/5 (144 Votes)
- Stir fried Garlic Beef with Oyster... 3.5/5 (153 Votes)
Chef Tips and Tricks
In this video, we show you the best way to trim and tie a roast, all by yourself! You don't need the butcher or supermarket to do it for you when it's so easy to do it at home.