Classic Greek Salad
- 4 large tomatoes
- 1 large red pepper (or 3 small of each color)
- 1 onion
- 200g Greek feta cheese
- 8 black olives
- 1 half cucumber
- Olive oil
- balsamic vinegar
- 1 Cretan bread (optional)
- 1 pinch of salt
- pepper and herbs de provence
Level of difficulty Easy
Preparation time 35mins
Cost Average budget
Cut the tomatoes and cucumber into large cubes and preheat your oven to 150C °
Peel the onion, leaving it whole and slice thinly into rings. Cut the pepper into thin strips.
Pour all the above into a serving salad bowl or individual serving bowls.
Add the feta cheese, cut into 4 pieces, and the olives.
Season to taste with olive oil, salt, pepper and dried herbs.
Lightly toast the bread in the oven and serve the salad chilled with the warm fresh bread.
Like these recipes? Then you'll love
- Approved byThe Chef Classic French onion soup 3.6/5 (361 Votes)
- Foie gras and leeks cooked "à la... 4/5 (196 Votes)
- Mason Jar Turkey Cranberry Salad 4.8/5 (49 Votes)
- Zigeuner Sauce (Gypsy Sauce) 3.4/5 (147 Votes)
- Cranberry Sauce with Jalapeno... 4.7/5 (33 Votes)
- Café Frappe - Greek Iced Coffee 3.6/5 (120 Votes)
- Feta and tomato omlette 3.3/5 (141 Votes)
- Toasts with duck confit 3.8/5 (118 Votes)