Pakistani Aloo Tikki (Potatoe Cakes)
A delicious starer, snack at any time. Great with a yogurt dip or sauce.
- * 2-3 large potatoes boiled
- * A Bunch of spring onions finely sliced
- * Aloo Bhaji Mix: to taste
- * 1 tsp salt
- * 1tsp red chilli powder
- * 1tsp garam masala
- * 1tsp fresh mint/coriander
- * 3 oz cooking oil
- * 2-3 eggs
- beaten (with a pinch of salt)
Level of difficulty Average
Preparation time 15mins
Cooking time 15mins
Cost Average budget
1. Mix all the ingredients with the potatoes except for the egg and oil. Make sure potatoes have broken into smaller pieces.
Taste and adjust seasoning as required.
* Heat up the cooking oil in frying pan until hot.
2. Make the mixture into small flat cakes or patties.
2a. Dip these cakes into the beaten eggs and shallow fry until golden brown on both sides.
Serve hot and can be accompanied with a salad and yoghurt dip.
Like these recipes? Then you'll love
- Kinder Bueno Cake 4.2/5 (462 Votes)
- Foie gras and leeks cooked "à la... 4/5 (196 Votes)
- Tasty Southwest Quesadilla 3.9/5 (178 Votes)
- Baigan Choka (Caribbean Aubergine... 3.3/5 (192 Votes)
- Mango chutney 3.6/5 (161 Votes)
- Chicken Caesar Salad 3.7/5 (179 Votes)
- Soft potato muffins with spring... 4.5/5 (83 Votes)
- Approved byThe Chef Saag Aloo Style Cheesey Chips 3/5 (29 Votes)