Upside Down Mirabelle Cake
By Catherine B
Similar to the plum, the deliciously sweet Mirabelle's are typical to the Lorraine region.
- For the caramel:
- 100g of sugar
- 2 tbsp water
- For the cake:
- 1kg of mirabelles (or prunes)
- 150g of flour
- 100g of mirabelle jam
- 100g melted butter
- 3 eggs
- 1 packet of yeast
Level of difficulty Average
Preparation time 20mins
Cooking time 40mins
Cost Average budget
Remove the pit from the fruit.
Make your caramel by adding the sugar to the water, leave to boil without stirring.
Once the caramel is made, line the bottom of a mould with the mixture.
Prepare the cake by combining the eggs and the jam.
Add the melted butter, flour and yeast.
Pour the mix into the mould over the mirabelle fruit.
Heat the oven 180°C.
Bake for 40 minutes, leave to cool once it is done.
Why not try and replace the mirabelles with apples, pears, prunes, cherries etc...
Like these recipes? Then you'll love
- Non-alcoholic Mojito Smoothie! 4.6/5 (803 Votes)
- Healthy Ratatouille 3.7/5 (173 Votes)
- Croque mademoiselle 3.5/5 (159 Votes)
- Parmentier de Confit de Canard 3.7/5 (144 Votes)
- Recipe: Courgette and Apple Jam,... 3.5/5 (134 Votes)
- Chocolate orange creme brulee 3.4/5 (152 Votes)
- Smoothie Get Your Greens 3.6/5 (113 Votes)
- Cherry clafoutis with mint 4.8/5 (40 Votes)