PAVLOVA for my sis -by Justine
- Preheat oven at 200*c
- With electric whisk, beat egg whites until very stiff (you can turn bowl upside down and it shouldn’t tip out)
- Slowly add the caster sugar whilst electric whisking
- On grease proof paper: put a spoon of mixture and flatten into a circle shape for the base of your pavlova. Then spoon out six to eight balls of mixture around the circumference of the circle to create a border of balls – they should be about golf sized.
Use a skewer in the centre of the balls to swirl and make peaks in the mixture.
Turn the oven down to 160*c when you put it in the oven and cook for an hour –
After an hour turn the oven off - DO NOT OPEN OVEN DURING COOKING TIME OR UNTIL THE OVEN IS COLD.
TIP - MAKE IT LAST THING AT NIGHT SO IT CAN SIT IN THE OVEN UNTIL THE MORNING COOLING DOWN COMPLETELY.
- Whisk cream and add with fruit of your choice.
- 6oz caster sugar
- 3 egg whites
Level of difficulty Average
Cost Average budget
preheat oven at 200
Like these recipes? Then you'll love
- Kinder Bueno Cake 4.2/5 (469 Votes)
- Foie gras and leeks cooked "à la... 4/5 (196 Votes)
- Croque mademoiselle 3.5/5 (167 Votes)
- Peppermint Creams 3.7/5 (146 Votes)
- Recipe: Courgette and Apple Jam,... 3.5/5 (135 Votes)
- Rhubarb Cake with Meringue topping 3.4/5 (131 Votes)
- Smoothie Get Your Greens 3.5/5 (117 Votes)
- Anzac Biscuits 4.1/5 (55 Votes)