Lovely Aussie Lamingtons for Kids
- 2 cups flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup softened butter
- 3/4 cup white sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup milk
- 2 cups icing sugar
- 1/3 cup cocoa powder
- 3 tbsp butter
- 1/2 cup milk
Level of difficulty Average
Preparation time 20mins
Cooking time 30mins
Cost Average budget
Preheat the oven to 180C.
Butter a square inch cake tin
Sift flour, baking powder and salt into a large bowl.
cream the butter and sugar together with an electric mixture until fluffy.
Add the eggs to the butter mixture and beat well with each egg.
Next add the vanilla and combine well.
Use a spatula and alternately add the dry mixture, with the flour. Start and finish with the flour.
Put the batter into the cake tin and bake in the oven for 30 minutes.
Test the centre to make sure it comes out clean and then cool the cake and cut into squares.
Put the squares into an airtight container for 2 hours or overnight.
Put the icing sugar, cocoa powder, butter and milk in a bowl over a saucepan of steaming water.
Stir it until its melted (not too thin).
Pour the chocolate over the lamingtons.
Coat the sponge cakes on all sides and roll in coconut.
Put little Australian flags in the centre of each when finished.
Like these recipes? Then you'll love
- Apple kiwi turnovers 3.7/5 (202 Votes)
- Witchhat Gingerbread Cupcakes 4.6/5 (96 Votes)
- FOOD PORN Easy Chocolate Mousse 3.4/5 (201 Votes)
- Anzac Biscuits 4.1/5 (55 Votes)
- Recipe: Babyface Cake Pops, rated... 4.1/5 (40 Votes)
- Brigadeiros (Brazilian Chocolates) 4.2/5 (31 Votes)
- FOOD PORN Kids Kit-Kat Kinder Bueno Cake 4.1/5 (26 Votes)
- Kids Pigs in Mud Kit-Kat Cake 3.9/5 (13 Votes)