Kids Kit-Kat Mousse Tart
- For the biscuit base:
- 200 g digestive biscuits.
- 100 gr. of butter.
- For the pastry cream:
- 500 ml of milk.
- 100 gr. of sugar.
- A tablespoon of liquid vanilla.
- 40 Gr. cornstarch.
- 4 eggs.
- A pinch of salt.
- For the mousse:
- 700 ml. cream whipping very cold.
- 1/2 cup of milk.
- 100 gr. of sugar.
- 9 gelatin sheets.
- About 500 gr. of custard
- already cold.
- The rest of the pastry cream.
- A splash of milk.
- 3 leaves of gelatine.
- For decoration:
- 12 packs of Kit kat
- 1 or 2 bags of Maltereses (according to the size of the cake).
Level of difficulty Average
Preparation time 20mins
Cooking time 30mins
Cost Average budget
The first thing we will do is to prepare the pastry cream.
Put all the ingredients in a bowl and beat well with mixer. Put over a low heat slowly stirring with a wooden spoon, until it thickens.
Remove from the heat and pour into a container so that it cools.
Do not forget to cover with cling film to prevent a crust from forming.
Leave to cool to room temperature and once cold, put into the fridge.
Grease a cake tin or line with baking paper.
Prepare the base. Put cookies in a food processor and grind them until fine.
Mix with melted butter and place on the bottom of the dish. Pat the mix down well with your fingers to cover the entire bottom.
Now, the mousse. Put the gelatin leaves soak in cold water for five minutes. Pour the milk into a saucepan and over a low heat.
Add the drained gelatin leaves and beat them well so that they dissolve. Let cool.
When the milk with gelatin are cooled, put into a large bowl and add the 500g of custard.
Blend well with a mixer.
Put the cream in another bowl and add the sugar gradually.
Pour the mousse over the biscuit base and leave the gell in the refrigerator at least two hours before preparing the icing.
To make the icing.
Put the gelatine in cold water. Heat the milk and pour the well drained gelatin. Mix it well so that it is dissolved.
Pour it in a bowl along with the remaining pastry cream and mix well with a few whisks.
Pour over the cream mousse and let cool completely in the refrigerator.
Decorate the cake.
Like these recipes? Then you'll love
- Kinder Bueno Cake 4.2/5 (468 Votes)
- Christmas Carrot Chocolate Nutty... 3.8/5 (197 Votes)
- Approved byThe Chef Soft centre chocolate cake in the... 3.3/5 (262 Votes)
- Easiest Shortbread Recipe EVER. 3.4/5 (204 Votes)
- FOOD PORN Easy Chocolate Mousse 3.4/5 (201 Votes)
- Lithuanian Baked Cheesecake 3.6/5 (133 Votes)
- Redcurrant mousse with red fruit... 3.5/5 (157 Votes)
- Chocolate & berry mousse pots 3.7/5 (116 Votes)