Cracking Cornflake Cake
A calorific cake which looks and tastes great! Really easy to make, really difficult to eat without making a mess!
- 500g box cornflakes
- 2x300g bars milk chocolate cake covering
- 150g unsalted butter
- 350g icing sugar
- few drops vanilla extract
- 2tbsp milk
- 1 bag marshmallows
Level of difficulty Easy
Preparation time 25mins
Cost Budget Friendly
Break one of the bars of chocolate into chunks and place in a large microwaveable bowl. Melt the chocolate carefully in a microwave.
Stir in as many cornflakes as possible whilst still ensuring all cornflakes are fully covered in chocolate.
Place the entire chocolate cornflake mixture into a baking tray (12"x7.5") and press down gently.
Place in the fridge to cool.
Repeat steps 1-3.
Cream the butter until soft, then beat in the icing sugar a little at a time.
Beat the vanilla and the milk into the butter cream mixture.
Spread half the butter cream on top of one of the chocolate cornflake slabs, then line with marshmallows.
Spread the other half of butter cream on top of the marshmallows, then squidge the second cornflake slab on top.
Be careful handling the cornflake slabs and the cornflake cake as they can be fragile.
Use a sharp knife to cut as it falls apart easily.
Like these recipes? Then you'll love
- Kinder Bueno Cake 4.2/5 (468 Votes)
- 5 minute chocolate fondant mug... 3.7/5 (236 Votes)
- Christmas Carrot Chocolate Nutty... 3.8/5 (197 Votes)
- Approved byThe Chef Soft centre chocolate cake in the... 3.3/5 (262 Votes)
- Choco-nuts brioche bread and... 3.2/5 (256 Votes)
- Apple kiwi turnovers 3.7/5 (205 Votes)
- Lamb Samosa 3.3/5 (190 Votes)
- FOOD PORN Easy Chocolate Mousse 3.4/5 (201 Votes)