Chocolate caramel pear cake
By Namuelle , blog Passion Tambouille
- 3 pears
- 100g of chocolate
- 160g self raising flour or 160g flour + 1 sachet baking powder
- 3 eggs
- 100g sugar
- 100 ml crème fraîche
- 30g butter + a little for the tin
- A little brown sugar
- Tupperware box
Level of difficulty Easy
Preparation time 30mins
Cooking time 35mins
Cost Budget Friendly
Butter a 22cm cake tin or use a flexible mould.
Prepare a liquid caramel.
Pour it into the buttered tin or mould, turning the mould to coat all sides and the base with the caramel, the whole mould must be completely covered.
Peel and cut the pears into three thick slices and keep one aside that you will cut into cubes. In a saucepan, heat 30g of butter, brown the pears in the melted butter, turn them gently, sprinkle with brown sugar and cook for another 1 minute.
Arrange the pear slices in a rosette on the caramel in the mold. Put the remaining diced pear in the frying pan and stir gently but without heating.
Beat the eggs with sugar until the mixture is fluffy.
In a saucepan, heat the cream and then melt the chocolate in the cream, removed from the heat. Add the melted chocolate into the eggs and sugar while whisking, sprinkle in the flour. Finish by adding the diced pears and mixing gently. Carefully pour into the mould over the pear slices.
Bake for 35 minutes, the cake is cooked when a knife tip inserted into the cake comes out clean. Remove the cake from the oven, wait a few minutes before turning the cake onto a serving plate.
Like these recipes? Then you'll love
- Kinder Bueno Cake 4.2/5 (460 Votes)
- 5 minute chocolate fondant mug... 3.7/5 (230 Votes)
- Christmas Carrot Chocolate Nutty... 3.8/5 (197 Votes)
- Approved byThe Chef Soft centre chocolate cake in the... 3.3/5 (255 Votes)
- Choco-nuts brioche bread and... 3.2/5 (255 Votes)
- Roast Squash with Pear and Kiwi... 3.6/5 (156 Votes)
- Pork & Pears 3.5/5 (144 Votes)
- Gingerbread, pear and foie gras... 4.1/5 (113 Votes)