Liver and Bacon
By john french
Perfect moist liver and a lovely light gravy. Serve with plain or mustard mash.
- 4 rashers bacon cut into bit sized pieces
- 1 small onion sliced
- 240g lambs liver
- 60ml beef stock
- Seasoned flour
- little oil or spray oil for frying
Level of difficulty Easy
Preparation time 10mins
Cooking time 5mins
Cost Budget Friendly
Fry Bacon until crisp and remove from pan.
Add a little oil to the pan if needed and fry onions until soft and slightly browned remove from pan and add to bacon.
Toss the liver in the seasoned flour
Add a little more oil to the pan in necessary and add liver cook until browned on the outside and still pink in the middle.
Add beef stock to the pan along with bacon and onion and bring to the boil.
Remove lliver from the pan and allow the gravy to reduce for a further minute.
Like these recipes? Then you'll love
- Foie gras and leeks cooked "à la... 4/5 (196 Votes)
- FOOD PORN Duck breast in orange sauce 3.5/5 (252 Votes)
- Quick Spaghetti Bolognese Recipe... 3.3/5 (211 Votes)
- Parmentier de Confit de Canard 3.6/5 (148 Votes)
- Traditional Family Fish Pie 4/5 (110 Votes)
- Full English Breakfast 3.4/5 (157 Votes)
- Liver pate with dried mushrooms 4.3/5 (15 Votes)
Chef Tips and Tricks
In this video, we show you the best way to trim and tie a roast, all by yourself! You don't need the butcher or supermarket to do it for you when it's so easy to do it at home.