Dark chocolate Easter cake
By Pauline hirel
- 180g dark chocolate
- 120g butter
- 1 sachet of vanilla sugar
- 4 eggs
- 120g sugar
- 60g hazelnuts
- 30g sifted flour
- 1 pinch of salt
Level of difficulty Easy
Preparation time 30mins
Cooking time 40mins
Cost Budget Friendly
Preheat the oven to 180 ° C. Melt the chocolate, broken into pieces, and the butter in a bain marie. Whisk the egg yolks with 100g of sugar and vanilla sugar until it thickens and whitens. Add the chocolate, still hot, then the hazelnuts, flour and salt.
Beat the egg whites until stiff, sprinkle the remaining sugar (20g) halfway through. Mix 1 tablespoon of beaten whites into the chocolate to lighten it, then gently fold in the rest.
Grease and flour a round baking tin 20 cm in diameter. Pour the mixture into the prepared tin and bake 40 minutes while monitoring the cooking during the last 10 minutes. When baked, leave the cake to cool in the tin on a wire rack, then remove gently from the tin.
Make a chocolate icing to coat the entire cake.
Leave the icing to set for 30 minutes then place a few small chocolate eggs in the middle of the cake and sprinkle lightly with icing sugar.
Like these recipes? Then you'll love
- Kinder Bueno Cake 4.2/5 (468 Votes)
- 5 minute chocolate fondant mug... 3.7/5 (236 Votes)
- Approved byThe Chef Soft centre chocolate cake in the... 3.3/5 (262 Votes)
- Choco-nuts brioche bread and... 3.2/5 (256 Votes)
- Witchhat Gingerbread Cupcakes 4.6/5 (96 Votes)
- Chocolate cupcakes and chocolate... 4.1/5 (33 Votes)
- Hot cross buns 4.4/5 (9 Votes)
- Christmas log with walnuts 4.2/5 (19 Votes)