Romantic Chocolate Cake
A chocolate sponge cake decorated with chocolate butter icing and chocolate heart shaped pieces. Delicious.
- 100g soften butter
- 100g caster sugar
- 2 eggs
- 70g SR flour
- 30g cocoa powder
- For decorations:
- 100g dark chocolate
- 50g soften butter
- 100g icing sugar
- 20g cocoa
Level of difficulty Average
Preparation time 20mins
Cooking time 30mins
Cost Average budget
Cream butter and sugar in a food mixer till light and fluffy.
Add in beaten egg a little at a time.
Sieve flour and cocoa together. Fold the flour into the cake mixture.
Transfer the mixture into a greased lined 18cm. tin. Bake in the preheated oven at 190C/ Gas Mark 5 for 30 to 35 minutes, until firm to the touch.
Remove from the oven. Leave the cake to cool.
Melt chocolate on a bowl of hot water. Spread the melted chocolate on a piece of grease proof paper. Leave to cool. Use heart shaped cutters to cut into 2 different sizes heart shaped chocolate pieces.
Cream butter and icing sugar together. Mix cocoa in a teaspoon of hot water. Stir cocoa into the butter cream.
Spread the top of the cake with chocolate butter cream. Decorate the cake with chocolate hearts.
Like these recipes? Then you'll love
- Kinder Bueno Cake 4.2/5 (468 Votes)
- Tomato Basil and Cheese scrambled... 3.7/5 (241 Votes)
- 5 minute chocolate fondant mug... 3.7/5 (236 Votes)
- Foie gras and leeks cooked "à la... 4/5 (196 Votes)
- Christmas Carrot Chocolate Nutty... 3.8/5 (197 Votes)
- Approved byThe Chef Soft centre chocolate cake in the... 3.3/5 (262 Votes)
- Choco-nuts brioche bread and... 3.2/5 (256 Votes)
- Mini Sweetheart Apple Tarts 3.4/5 (161 Votes)