Basic Cake Plain/Chocolate
This is a really easy, quick and simple cake to make.
Hope you enjoy..
- 200g of butter
- 200g of caster sugar
- 4 eggs
- 200g of self raising flour/ 175g of flour if you want it to be chocolate
- 25g of coco is you would like it to be a chocolate cake.
Level of difficulty Easy
Preparation time 10mins
Cooking time 40mins
Cost Budget Friendly
Mix in the butter in a cake mixer or handheld mixer until creamy. Add the sugar in a bowl until light a fluffy.
while the sugar and butter is mixing, crack the eggs in a bowl. Once the butter and sugar has finnished mixing tip in the eggs one at a time. If the mixture begins to
curdle add a pinch of flour.
get a suitable round tin and line it with baking paper, is you do not have baking paper just grease the tin with butter.
Put it in the oven for 40 mins or until when you put a skewer in the middle it comes out clean.
wait 5 mins before turning the cake out on a wire rack to cool completely.
while your waiting you make some icing to decorate the cake. check my other recipes of how to make icing for plain or chocolate cakes.
Hope you enjoy.
Like these recipes? Then you'll love
- Kinder Bueno Cake 4.2/5 (460 Votes)
- 5 minute chocolate fondant mug... 3.7/5 (226 Votes)
- Christmas Carrot Chocolate Nutty... 3.8/5 (197 Votes)
- Approved byThe Chef Soft centre chocolate cake in the... 3.3/5 (254 Votes)
- Choco-nuts brioche bread and... 3.2/5 (255 Votes)
- Chicken & thyme risotto 3.6/5 (167 Votes)
- The best sarnie in the... 3.6/5 (161 Votes)
- Approved byThe Chef Easy chocolate yoghurt cake 4.4/5 (119 Votes)