Basic white sauce
A need to know basic for many other sauces
- 2 tbsp cornflour
- 1 pint milk
Level of difficulty Easy
Preparation time 1mins
Cooking time 3mins
Cost Budget Friendly
Mix the 2 tbsp cornflour with a little of the milk until dissolved, add to the rest of the milk and mix.
Place mix in a microwaveable container (uncovered or it will overflow) and microwave for 3 minutes. The mixture has to boil to thicken.
Stir mixture to get rid of any lumps, if mixture needs any extra corn flour to thicken, add now and microwave for another minute.
If you need to add extra cornflour, always dissolve it in a little cold water or milk. If you add it straight to the mix it will not thicken and just go lumpy.
Like these recipes? Then you'll love
- Kinder Bueno Cake 4.2/5 (460 Votes)
- Dumplings Without Using Suet 3.6/5 (414 Votes)
- Tasty Southwest Quesadilla 3.9/5 (178 Votes)
- Healthy Ratatouille 3.7/5 (175 Votes)
- Mango chutney 3.6/5 (161 Votes)
- Love Heart Cookies 3.4/5 (167 Votes)
- Shortbread Snazzles 3.6/5 (149 Votes)
- Basic Fridge Cheesecake 2.8/5 (91 Votes)