Bechamel white sauce
By Chef Damien
- 1 litre of whole milk or semi-skimmed
- 70 g butter
- 70 g flour
- Freshly ground white pepper
Level of difficulty Easy
Preparation time 10mins
Cooking time 15mins
Cost Budget Friendly
Heat the milk with salt, white pepper and a pinch of nutmeg.
In a saucepan, melt the butter and whisk in the flour. Cook for 5 minutes over low heat, stirring continuously. Remove from the heat and leave to cool a little.
Return the pan to the heat and add the hot milk, whisking vigorously.
Cook for 5 minutes until boiling and pour into a bowl, covering with cling film to prevent a crust forming on top.
Like these recipes? Then you'll love
- Tasty Southwest Quesadilla 3.9/5 (178 Votes)
- Mango chutney 3.6/5 (161 Votes)
- Easy Peasy Garlic Bread 4.6/5 (58 Votes)
- Café Frappe - Greek Iced Coffee 3.6/5 (120 Votes)
- Easy Wholemeal Shortcrust Pastry 3.4/5 (135 Votes)
- Traditional British Apple Pie 3.4/5 (129 Votes)
- Fresh Pasta 3.4/5 (127 Votes)
- Basic white sauce 3.4/5 (127 Votes)