Clonakilty Blackpudding Topped Fish Pie
- 200g Clonakilty Blackpudding
- 800g Fish – Haddock
- Smoked Cod
- 200g Frozen Green Peas
- 2 Hard Boiled Free Range Eggs (optional)
- 600ml Full-fat Milk
- 1 Small Onion Quartered
- 4 Cloves
- 2 Bay Leaves
- 100g Butter
- 50g Plain Flour
- Salt and Pepper
- 1 Kg potatoes peeled and halved
- Flat Leaf Parsley
Level of difficulty Average
Preparation time 30mins
Cooking time 30mins
Cost Average budget
Preheat oven to 180°C.
Place the potatoes in a pan of cold water and bring to a gentle boil. Cook for 10-12 minutes until tender. Drain and allow dry out over a low heat. Set aside for use later
To make the béchamel sauce:
In a pan infuse the milk with an onion pique (quartered onions, studded with cloves and bay leaves) by bringing to a gentle boil.
In a separate pan make a roux by melting the 50g of butter and mix with the 100g of flour, cook out for a few minutes over a medium heat.
Add small amounts of the infused milk to the roux mix until each time you are left with a smooth sauce. Continue until all the milk has been added, season and add finely chopped parsley and chervil through the sauce for extra flavour.
Cut the fish into equal generous pieces and mix into the prepared béchamel.
Add the frozen green peas and place the fish mixture into a deep oven proof dish. Optional – slice the hardboiled eggs and place on top of the fish mixture.
Crush the potatoes and crumble the Clonakilty Blackpudding through. Place on top of the fish mix and place in the preheated oven for 25- 30 minutes.
Like these recipes? Then you'll love
- Clonakilty Blackpudding “Sausage... 3.9/5 (211 Votes)
- Strawberry Trifle with Ambrosia... 3.6/5 (171 Votes)
- Masala Fish Goujons with... 3.7/5 (146 Votes)
- Gluten-free No-bake Banoffee Pie 3.6/5 (148 Votes)
- Beef and Guinness Stew 3.4/5 (132 Votes)
- Clonakilty Blackpudding Tart With... 3.4/5 (128 Votes)
- Approved byThe Chef Bechamel white sauce 3.8/5 (82 Votes)
- FOOD PORN Bechamel Sauce 4/5 (55 Votes)