Traditional Family Fish Pie
Selection of fish topped with soft creamy mash.
- Approx 2lb of selected fishes (smoked haddock
- 2lb Potatoes
- Cheese (optional)
Level of difficulty Easy
Preparation time 20mins
Cooking time 40mins
Cost Average budget
Chop and boil potatoes until cooked and then mash with the butter.
Skin/debone the fish and poach in a little milk until just cooked. Drain and flake over spinach add prawns spreading evenly.
Make a white sauce with milk, butter and cornflower. Pour this over the fish.
Cover the fish with the mashed potato.
Bake in an oven proof dish until golden on top.
Optional - For a little extra flavor add a sprinkling of cheese over the potato.
Like these recipes? Then you'll love
- Approved byThe Chef Classic French onion soup 3.6/5 (361 Votes)
- Tomato Basil and Cheese scrambled... 3.8/5 (224 Votes)
- Clonakilty Blackpudding “Sausage... 3.9/5 (211 Votes)
- Foie gras and leeks cooked "à la... 4/5 (196 Votes)
- FOOD PORN Duck breast in orange sauce 3.5/5 (252 Votes)
- Tasty Southwest Quesadilla 3.9/5 (178 Votes)
- Quick Spaghetti Bolognese Recipe... 3.3/5 (211 Votes)
- Chicken & thyme risotto 3.6/5 (167 Votes)
Chef Tips and Tricks
In this video, we show you the best way to trim and tie a roast, all by yourself! You don't need the butcher or supermarket to do it for you when it's so easy to do it at home.