Foie gras and leeks cooked "à la plancha", espuma of smoked bacon
- 100g smoked bacon
- 200g cream
- 100g milk
- 2g agar agar
- 4 leeks
- 2 tbls olive oil
- 1 stock cube
- 4 slices of foie gras
Level of difficulty Average
Preparation time 25mins
Cooking time 20mins
Put on an oven tray the smoked bacon and cook for 5 minutes at 180°C. Pour out the fat from the bacon and place on a paper towel to absorb the rest.
Blend the bacon with the cram and the milk.
Cook the creamy mixture in a pan for 5 minutes until it boils, add the agar agar. Then pour into a cream whipper and reserve in warm water.
Wash and slice the leeks into thick beveled slices. Cook them in water with the stock and the olive oil for 10 minutes. Test the cooking with a knife, before draining when they're ready.
Cook the foie gras and the leeks on a plancha for 1 minute on each side. Arrange them both onto dinner plates and add the bacon espuma with the cream whipper.
Tips: Depending on the time of year, you can replace the ingredients and flavours using seasonal products such as peaches at the end of the summer.
Like these recipes? Then you'll love
- Approved byThe Chef Classic French onion soup 3.6/5 (361 Votes)
- Easiest Shortbread Recipe EVER. 3.4/5 (204 Votes)
- Baigan Choka (Caribbean Aubergine... 3.3/5 (192 Votes)
- Chicken Caesar Salad 3.7/5 (179 Votes)
- Masala Fish Goujons with... 3.7/5 (147 Votes)
- Full English Breakfast 3.4/5 (157 Votes)
- French Pizza 3.5/5 (145 Votes)
- Gingerbread, pear and foie gras... 4.1/5 (113 Votes)