Potato and leek soup with spring onion
A delicious and so simple winter soup!
- 4 leeks
- 4 potatoes
- stock (vegetable or chicken)
- 1 spring onion
Level of difficulty Easy
Preparation time 10mins
Cooking time 45mins
Cost Budget Friendly
Wash the leeks. Cut the white part into sections and fry slowly in a pan with butter.
Meanwhile, peel the potatoes and cook them in the stock in boiling water with the green parts of the leeks for 45 minutes. salt and pepper.
Blend into a soup and add the cooked sections of leek.
Pour into serving bowls and sprinkle some chopped spring onion on top.
Like these recipes? Then you'll love
- Approved byThe Chef Classic French onion soup 3.6/5 (361 Votes)
- Clonakilty Blackpudding “Sausage... 3.9/5 (211 Votes)
- Foie gras and leeks cooked "à la... 4/5 (196 Votes)
- Chicken & thyme risotto 3.6/5 (167 Votes)
- Cheesy Leek & Bacon Pasta 3.5/5 (143 Votes)
- Lobsters in foil 4.9/5 (38 Votes)
- Quick Carrot & Coriander Soup 3.5/5 (121 Votes)
- Apple and Beetroot Soup 4/5 (56 Votes)