Veal chop with mushrooms, pumpkin and rosemary
Level of difficulty Easy
Preparation time 30mins
Cooking time 60mins
Cost Average budget
Wash the dried mushrooms and soak them in 20 cl of warm water for at least half an hour. Cut the pumpkin into cubes.
Heat the oil in a pan. Fry the veal chop so to colour all sides without cooking it and then set aside on a grid.
Sauté the mushrooms in the pan (if necessary add a little oil). When they no water left in them, set aside. Add the onions and sweat. Add the pumpkin and rosemary needles. Cook for a few moments. Add the mushrooms. Mix. Place the veal chops on the vegetables. Season.
Deglaze with white wine. Reduce, then add the dried mushrooms and their water. Add the garlic clove. Reduce gently then cover and put the pan in the oven at 120 ° C for one hour.
If your pan is not oven proof, transfer to a hot dish with a lid, taking care to put the chop on top of the vegetables. Remove from the oven and leave for 15 minutes.
The chop should be barely cooked, almost pink in the middle, the flesh still stuck to the bone.
Like these recipes? Then you'll love
- Approved byThe Chef Classic French onion soup 3.6/5 (361 Votes)
- Clonakilty Blackpudding “Sausage... 3.9/5 (211 Votes)
- Chicken & thyme risotto 3.6/5 (167 Votes)
- Roast Squash with Pear and Kiwi... 3.6/5 (156 Votes)
- Traditional Family Fish Pie 4/5 (110 Votes)
- Full English Breakfast 3.4/5 (157 Votes)
- Moroccan marinated chicken with... 3.5/5 (150 Votes)
- Pumpkin and cinnamon jam 3.4/5 (149 Votes)