Symphony of Bulgarian smoked salmon and aubergine soup
By Dounia Mellouk 3ème formation pré professionnelle
- 1 large aubergine
- 400g smoked salmon
- 1 plain yogurt
- 200g thick double cream
- 1 small onion
- 1 garlic clove
- 1 bunch chives
- 2 lemons
- 10cl olive oil
- 2 sheets gelatine
- 2 small tomatoes to garnish
- Cayenne pepper
Level of difficulty Average
Preparation time 60mins
Cooking time 15mins
Cost Average budget
- Wash and prepare vegetables
- Cut the aubergine into thick slices (about 8mm), and arrange on a plate (check the plate diameter of the microwave), salt lightly between each layer, drizzle with olive oil, cover with cling film, cook in the microwave for about 10 minutes.
- Put the gelatine in cold water.
- Finely chop the onion and garlic and sweat in olive oil (until clear and well done)
- Remove the skin of the hot aubergine (reserve). Mix in a blender the onion, the pulp of the aubergine and the gelatine, add 1 tablespoon of olive oil, season.
- Make the sauce: 2/3 yogurt, 1/3 cream, salt, cayenne, chives, lemon juice.
- On a sheet of cling film, spread the slices of smoked salmon (make an oblong rectangle).
- Spread with the spatula the aubergine mousse. Sprinkle a little finely chopped chives, roll the salmon like a long swiss roll, refrigerate (2 hours)
- Slice the salmon roll still in the film (remove it after), place them in a circle on each plate, about ten round slices per person, add in the centre the yogurt sauce
- Decorate according to your fancy: chives, tomato, lemon, fried aubergine skin, some dots or lines of sauce.
Like these recipes? Then you'll love
- Approved byThe Chef Classic French onion soup 3.6/5 (361 Votes)
- Clonakilty Blackpudding “Sausage... 3.9/5 (211 Votes)
- Foie gras and leeks cooked "à la... 4/5 (196 Votes)
- Healthy Ratatouille 3.7/5 (173 Votes)
- Baigan Choka (Caribbean Aubergine... 3.3/5 (191 Votes)
- Chicken & thyme risotto 3.6/5 (167 Votes)
- Creamy salmon and veggie pasta 3.4/5 (161 Votes)
- Bouillabaisse Basque 3/5 (136 Votes)