Cream of aubergine soup with crunchy poached spring vegetables
- The stock:
- 75 cl of bouillon stock preferably fresh or a reconstituted tablet.
- 1 star anise
- For the cream of aubergine :
- 2 medium aubergines
- 2 cloves of fresh garlic
- 16 cl of milk
- 2 tsp of aniseed alcohol
- 1 ladle of the vegetable cooking water
- salt and pepper
- 8 baby carrots
- 16 mini flower courgettes
- 4 bunches of broccoli
- 12 cherry tomatoes
- 80g shelled peas
- 12 green asparagus
- 100 ml of white balsamic vinegar
- Thyme in bloom
Level of difficulty Easy
Preparation time 60mins
Cooking time 15mins
Cost Budget Friendly
Bring the stock to a boil, then turn off the heat and add the star anise. Leave to infuse until cool, then remove it.
For the cream of aubergine:
Split in two each aubergine. Slide a clove of garlic, previously cut in 4, inside each aubergine. Cook for 5/7 minutes in the microwave (full power). Scrape the flesh from the skin and keep the garlic. Blend the flesh with the garlic, milk and the aniseed alcohol. Reserve.
Peel and cut the carrots in half if they are quite long. Cut them into round slices. Remove the pistils from the courgette flowers. Cut the base of the courgettes. Cut off the tops of cherry tomatoes. Break the asparagus and peel them. Cut them in half.
Bring the stock to a boil and cook the vegetables, each kind of vegetable separately, in the same stock, for the following times:
4/5 minutes for the baby carrots
2 minutes for the asparagus
3 minutes for the broccoli
3 minutes for the peas
2 minutes for the courgettes and their flowers.
Stop the heat under the stock and add the cherry tomatoes for a few seconds. Remove and blanch.
Reserve the vegetables.
Reduce the balsamic vinegar to a syrupy caramel (be careful not to burn it!). Mix all the vegetables together, coating them in the balsamic syrup.
Serve a little creamy soup in shallow bowls, with a little pile of crunchy veg on top. Season...
Like these recipes? Then you'll love
- Foie gras and leeks cooked "à la... 4/5 (196 Votes)
- Healthy Ratatouille 3.7/5 (173 Votes)
- Baigan Choka (Caribbean Aubergine... 3.3/5 (191 Votes)
- Mille-feuille of asparagus and... 3.3/5 (213 Votes)
- Chicken Caesar Salad 3.7/5 (176 Votes)
- King langoustines with early... 3.5/5 (163 Votes)
- Courgette Cream Soup 4.2/5 (80 Votes)
- Baked turkey meatballs with... 3.4/5 (136 Votes)