Cold Beetroot Soup
This recipe is perfect for Summer. It's super quick and easy to make and is best served cold.
- 4 large beetroot
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 3 - 4 sprigs of thyme
- 1 large green chilli
- finely chopped
- 100ml vegetable stock
- 300ml single cream
- 2 spring onions
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
Level of difficulty Average
Preparation time 10mins
Cooking time 40mins
Cost Average budget
Wash and trim the leaves and stalks from the beetroot. Dice the beetroot into cubes and place in a roasting tin, drizzle with olive oil and the thyme - season well.
Roast the beets for 40 minutes until perfectly tender.
Transfer the cooked beets to a big bowl, add the chilli and blend using a stick blender until you have a smooth purée.
Slowly add the vegetable stock and leave to cool a little.
Add the cream and purée until smooth.
Place the puréed soup into the fridge and chill completely before serving.
Snip the spring onions over the soup to garnish and add a little cream if desired.
Do not discard the beetroot stems or leaves - the stems can be sliced and fried in butter for 10-15 minutes and the leaves boiled for a minute. Add the leaves to the steams and butter and serve on the side. These also make a great side for steak.
Like these recipes? Then you'll love
- Approved byThe Chef Classic French onion soup 3.6/5 (361 Votes)
- Baba Ganoush 3.5/5 (151 Votes)
- Mason Jar Turkey Cranberry Salad 4.8/5 (49 Votes)
- Smoothie Get Your Greens 3.6/5 (113 Votes)
- Date and Banana Smoothie 3.3/5 (126 Votes)
- Apple and Beetroot Soup 4/5 (56 Votes)
- Best Basil Pesto 4.2/5 (44 Votes)
- Beetroot Cream Soup 3.2/5 (103 Votes)