Chicken and chilli soup
- 2 tbsp butter
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 2 medium red chillies deseeded and finely sliced
- 2 slices of lean streaky bacon diced
- 1 onion peeled and finely chopped
- 1 garlic clove peeled and crushed
- 2 boneless chicken breasts skinned and finely sliced
- 1 tsp chopped fresh thyme
- 1 medium potato peeled and diced
- 225g/8oz sweetcorn frozen or tinned
- 1.2 litres/2 pints chicken stock
- Salt and pepper
- 150 ml/5 fl oz double cream
- 1 tbsp chopped fresh coriander to garnish
Level of difficulty Average
Preparation time 15mins
Cooking time 30mins
Cost Average budget
Heat the butter and oil in a large saucepan. Cook the chillies, bacon, onion and garlic over a medium heat for 4-5 minutes until soft. Add the chicken and cook until just coloured.
Add the thyme, potato, sweetcorn and stock and simmer, covered, for about 20 minutes.
Season to taste, then pour into warm serving bowls and top with a swirl of cream and a sprinkling of coriander.
Like these recipes? Then you'll love
- Approved byThe Chef Classic French onion soup 3.6/5 (361 Votes)
- FOOD PORN Duck breast in orange sauce 3.5/5 (252 Votes)
- Quick Spaghetti Bolognese Recipe... 3.3/5 (211 Votes)
- Mango chutney 3.6/5 (161 Votes)
- Best Bolognese 3.5/5 (144 Votes)
- Approved byThe Chef Classic chilli con carne 4.1/5 (116 Votes)
- Approved byThe Chef ABC soup 3.1/5 (111 Votes)
Chef Tips and Tricks
In this video, we show you the best way to trim and tie a roast, all by yourself! You don't need the butcher or supermarket to do it for you when it's so easy to do it at home.