Roasted Tomatoes Garlic Soup
Why not roast red plum tomatoes with garlic pods, black pepper, mixed herbs and bay leaf –sounds nice, isn’t it? Trust me when all these ingredients roasts with good dash of olive oil the whole kitchen oozes with aroma. A perfect comforting soup!
- 4 tomatoes
- 4 garlic cloves
- 1 bay leaf
- 5 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon black peppercorns
- 10 Coriander sprigs
- Salt to taste
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 1 teaspoon basil
- 2 tablespoon baobab fruit powder
- 1 cup water
Level of difficulty Easy
Preparation time 10mins
Cooking time 15mins
Cost Budget Friendly
Preheat the oven at 200C. Take baking tray and lay silver foil on it.
Chop tomatoes in 4 parts and keep aside.
On the baking tray mix garlic, bay leaf, black peppercorns, coriander sprigs, tomatoes, oregano, basil olive oil, salt.
Roast everything together for 15 minutes. Once cooled, blend in the blender with 1 cup of water and keep aside.
Heat a pan and sieve the above blended mixture to it.
Take Baobab fruit powder and mix in 2 teaspoons of water and add with above mixture. Let it boil.
I like the creamy soups, so I sieved it but this step is optional.
Add corn flour instead of Baobab fruit powder to adjust the consistency.
Like these recipes? Then you'll love
- Kinder Bueno Cake 4.2/5 (460 Votes)
- Dumplings Without Using Suet 3.6/5 (429 Votes)
- Approved byThe Chef Classic French onion soup 3.6/5 (361 Votes)
- Tomato Basil and Cheese scrambled... 3.7/5 (231 Votes)
- Clonakilty Blackpudding “Sausage... 3.9/5 (211 Votes)
- Chicken & thyme risotto 3.6/5 (167 Votes)
- Stir fried Garlic Beef with Oyster... 3.5/5 (156 Votes)
- Italian Meat Balls in Tomato Sauce 3.6/5 (145 Votes)