Tomato and mustard tart
A simple to make, yet delicious tomato and mustard tart. This recipe is made with ham and comte cheese but you can add or change the ingredients - the tomato tart base is always the same. This recipe is a summer recipe when tomatoes are at their best.
- 1 ready made pastry
- 3 large beef tomatoes (or regular tomatoes work too)
- 2 tbs dijon mustard
- Ham (optional)
- Hard cheese (i used French comté
- but a mature cheddar is fine)
- Grated cheese
- Garlic powder
- Salt & pepper
Level of difficulty Easy
Preparation time 10mins
Cooking time 25mins
Cost Budget Friendly
Preheat the oven to 200° C.
Roll out your pastry into a tart tin and prick the base with a fork.
Spread mustard over the entire base of pastry. The mustard is less strong in flavour when cooked, but dose according to your taste.
Slice up the tomatoes into even round slices. Remove the seeds and juice. This will prevent the pastry base becoming soggy when cooked.
Place strips of cheese onto the mustard base. Add strips of ham. Cover with slices of tomato.
Sprinkle salt, pepper, garlic, oregano and grated cheese on top.
Bake in the oven for about 20-25 minutes until the tomatoes are cooked and the cheese is slightly golden.
Serve with a green salad.
Like these recipes? Then you'll love
- Tomato Basil and Cheese scrambled... 3.8/5 (224 Votes)
- Strawberry Tart 3.5/5 (202 Votes)
- Dumplings Without Using Suet 3.5/5 (176 Votes)
- Pork with Caramelised Apple and... 3.5/5 (158 Votes)
- Mini Sweetheart Apple Tarts 3.5/5 (155 Votes)
- Thai style turkey burgers with... 3.5/5 (154 Votes)
- Italian Meat Balls in Tomato Sauce 3.6/5 (145 Votes)
- Oil-free mayonnaise 3.5/5 (158 Votes)