Poulet de Bresse in Cream Sauce
A deliciously rich and creamy Poulet de Bresse. Perfect with a glass of Blason de Bourgogne Chablis per Cru!
- 1l water
- 1 onion
- 1 carrot
- 50g button mushrooms
- 6 chicken breasts (preferably Poulet de Bresse
- but any high-
- Quality free-range or organic chicken will do)
- 1 shallot
- finely chopped
- 50g unsalted butter
- 100ml white wine
- 500ml single cream
- 200g morilles (or other wild mushrooms such as chanterelles if you can’t get morilles)
- Washed and cleaned
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
Level of difficulty Average
Preparation time 30mins
Cooking time 40mins
Cost Average budget
1. Create a stock by boiling the water, onion, carrot and 20g of the diced mushrooms for around 10mins. Season
2. Poach the chicken in the stock over a low flame for around 20mins. Remove with a slotted spoon and put to one side in a warming oven
3. Reduce the volume of stock by half over a high flame.
4. While the chicken is cooking, sweat the shallot and remaining button mushrooms in a pan with the butter until lightly coloured. Stir in the white wine and 20cl of the reduced stock. Bring to the boil, pour in the cream, then reduce slightly. Blend, then sieve. Season.
5. While the sauce is cooking, poach the wild mushrooms in the cooking broth.
6. Slice the chicken breasts into 3-4 pieces and serve on warmed plates with the wild mushrooms. Pour a generous drizzle of sauce over each plate.
Enjoy with a glass of Blason de Bourgogne Chablis per Cru!
Like these recipes? Then you'll love
Chef Tips and Tricks
In this video, we show you the best way to trim and tie a roast, all by yourself! You don't need the butcher or supermarket to do it for you when it's so easy to do it at home.