- 2/3 c granulated sugar
- 1.25 c water
- 14 fl oz cans of coconut milk
- 1.25 cups double cream
- 2 TB desiccated coconut (can leave out for a smoother ice-cream)
- rose petals or sprigs of fresh mint to decorate
Level of difficulty Average
Preparation time 180mins
Cost Average budget
Place the sugar and water in a saucepan and heat gently, stirring occasionally until the sugar dissolves. Boil gently for 10 min without stirring, then remove from the heat and allow to cool slowly.
Mix the cooled syrup with the coconut milk and pour into a shallow freezer container. Cover and freeze for about 3 hours or until semi-frozen around the edges and mushy in the center.
Transfer the mixture to a bowl and cut up with a knife. Place in food processor and process until smooth. Turn the mixture into a bowl.
Whip the cream until softly peaking and fold into the ice-cream. Stir in coconut if using. Return the mixture to the container and freeze again until solid. Before serving, remove the container of ice-cream to the refrigerator and leave in the main compartment for 30 min or until room temp. Scoop or spoon the ice cream into serving dishes and decorate.
Like these recipes? Then you'll love
- Kinder Bueno Cake 4.2/5 (453 Votes)
- Mille-feuille of asparagus and... 3.3/5 (213 Votes)
- Fish with leeks 3.7/5 (171 Votes)
- Lemon Ice Lollies with Liquorice... 3.6/5 (137 Votes)
- Vegetable Supercurry 3.4/5 (151 Votes)
- Chaing-Mai Sticky Rice with Mango 3.5/5 (145 Votes)
- Banana Ice Cream 3.4/5 (145 Votes)
- Homemade Strawberry Ice... 4.6/5 (53 Votes)