Discovered on Granny and Granddad's trip to Italy. Where they visited Pompeii and romanced under the stars.
- 1 vanilla pod
- 200ml/7fl double cream
- 200ml/7fl oz. milk
- 4 tbsp. caster sugar
- 1 1/2 tsp. powdered gelatine
- To serve: fresh berries or stewed rhubarb
Level of difficulty Average
Preparation time 10mins
Cost Average budget
Cut open the vanilla pod and scrape out the seeds with the end of a teaspoon.
Put the pod, seeds, cream and sugar into a saucepan and simmer gently for 5 minutes and then remove from the heat.
Meanwhile, put 2 tbsp. cold water sprinkle over the gelatine. Set aside for 5 minutes and then heat gently until clear.
Remove the vanilla pod and stir in the gelatine. Pour into four ramekins and cover and chill for 3 hours or until set
To remove from the ramekins dip them into hot water and serve with the fruit. If you do not feel brave enough to remove from the ramekins leave them in.
Like these recipes? Then you'll love
- Kinder Bueno Cake 4.2/5 (462 Votes)
- Tasty Southwest Quesadilla 3.9/5 (178 Votes)
- Baigan Choka (Caribbean Aubergine... 3.3/5 (192 Votes)
- Mille-feuille of asparagus and... 3.3/5 (213 Votes)
- Chicken & thyme risotto 3.6/5 (167 Votes)
- Blackcurrant Cheesecake 3.1/5 (197 Votes)
- Fish with leeks 3.7/5 (171 Votes)
- Italian Meat Balls in Tomato Sauce 3.6/5 (145 Votes)