By Catherine B
The traditional Lille recipe.
- 2L of mussels
- 50cl of dry white wine
- 4/5 shallots
- 3/4 onions
- sprig of thyme
- 2 bay leaves
- 2/3 celeri sticks
- 30g of butter
Level of difficulty Average
Preparation time 30mins
Cooking time 10mins
Cost Budget Friendly
Place the cleaned mussels in a large saucepan. Add the finely sliced onion, butter, shallots, pepper and the crushed garlic clove.
Add the celeri and the parsley leaves. Add the white wine, thyme, bay leaf and a little water if necessary.
Leave to cook until the mussel shells have opened.
Serve with fresh potato chips.
Like these recipes? Then you'll love
- FOOD PORN Duck breast in orange sauce 3.5/5 (252 Votes)
- Quick Spaghetti Bolognese Recipe... 3.3/5 (211 Votes)
- Easy & Quick Apple Crumble 3.5/5 (128 Votes)
- Farro biscuits 3.4/5 (136 Votes)
- Gratin Dauphinois 4.2/5 (48 Votes)
- Risotto with asparagus 3/5 (142 Votes)
- Banana Booster 3.9/5 (66 Votes)
- Shellfish on a bed of leeks 4.6/5 (31 Votes)
Chef Tips and Tricks
In this video, we show you the best way to trim and tie a roast, all by yourself! You don't need the butcher or supermarket to do it for you when it's so easy to do it at home.