Potato salad with cumin and coriander
- 1 kg potatoes
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 lemon
- 4 cloves of garlic
- 1 bunch of fresh coriander
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- salt and pepper
Level of difficulty Easy
Preparation time 25mins
Cooking time 20mins
Cost Budget Friendly
Peel and coarsely chop the garlic and set aside. Squeeze the lemon into a bowl. Finely chop the coriander.
Peel the potatoes and cut them into pieces.
Boil a large saucepan of salted water. Cook the diced potatoes with the garlic (to add flavour) in the boiling water for 15 to 20 minutes until the potatoes are cooked but still firm.
Drain the potatoes and then put them back into the pan on medium heat.
Pour the olive oil and lemon juice in the pan. Add the coriander and cumin and mix well. Salt and pepper. Cook for a further 2 minutes.
Remove from the heat, leave to cool then refrigerate before serving if you prefer to eat the salad cold.
Like these recipes? Then you'll love
- The best sarnie in the... 3.6/5 (160 Votes)
- Mason Jar Turkey Cranberry Salad 4.8/5 (49 Votes)
- Coriander chicken 3.3/5 (149 Votes)
- Warm cherry tomato and sweetcorn... 3.4/5 (135 Votes)
- Quick Carrot and Coriander Dip 3.3/5 (131 Votes)
- Chilli con carne 4.7/5 (43 Votes)
- Indian style tomato chutney 4.2/5 (61 Votes)