Bread Potato Rolls
Bread with potato filling makes a mouthwatering snack. This is a perfect snack with afternoon tea or served as an appetizer. Bread Potato Rolls are crunchy on the outside, and soft and spicy on the inside. They are also easy to prepare. Try them today.
- 4 bread slices
- bread should be firm
- 2 medium size potatoes boiled peeled and mashed this will make about 1-1/4 cup mashed potatoes
- 1/4 cup green peas boiled
- 1 teaspoon oil
- 1/4 teaspoon cumin seeds (jeera)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon red chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon mango powder (amchoor)
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped cilantro (hara dhania)
- 1 green chili (hari mirch) minced; adjust to taste
- 1 teaspoon finely chopped ginger
- Oil to fry
Level of difficulty Average
Preparation time 10mins
Cooking time 10mins
Cost Average budget
Heat the oil in a frying pan and add cumin seed. As cumin seed starts cracking add green peas, green chili and ginger, stir for a few seconds. Add potatoes and all the spices, chili powder, mango powder, salt, cilantro, stir fry for a minute. Turn of the heat. Taste the mix it should be little spicier then you prefer as it will taste milder after filling in bread. Set aside.
Trim the edges of the bread slices, cut into two pieces. Set aside.
Take about 1-1/2 tablespoons of mixture and roll them in oval shape. Make 12 rolls. The size of potato roll will depend on the size of the bread.
Take small bowl of water for wetting the bread.
Take one slice of the bread and dip in the water lightly on one side. Place the slice in between your palms and press squeezing out the access water. This will make the bread moist.
Place the filling in the center of this bread and completely cover it all around giving the oval shape. Repeat and make all the rolls. Before frying let them sit for about 5 minutes. This will evaporate some of the water from the bread and it will absorb less oil when frying. The Bread Rolls will also be crispier.
Heat the oil in a frying pan on medium high heat, and drop the rolls slowly not over lapping.
Fry the Bread Rolls until they are golden brown, turning occasionally. This should take about 2-3 minutes.
Take them out over paper towel. Serve them hot with Hari Cilantro Chutney and Tamarind Sweet and Sour Chutney.
Like these recipes? Then you'll love
- Approved byThe Chef Classic French onion soup 3.6/5 (361 Votes)
- Foie gras and leeks cooked "à la... 4/5 (196 Votes)
- Tasty Southwest Quesadilla 3.9/5 (178 Votes)
- Apple kiwi turnovers 3.7/5 (201 Votes)
- Baigan Choka (Caribbean Aubergine... 3.3/5 (191 Votes)
- Chicken Caesar Salad 3.7/5 (176 Votes)
- Syrian Za'atar Breads 3.4/5 (140 Votes)
- Ryan's Tomato Pasta 4.2/5 (68 Votes)