Messy Breakfast Sandwich
All the best things about a big breakfast packed into one messy sandwich!
- 1 handful sliced mushrooms
- 3-4 eggs
- Cooked ham slices
- Mint sauce
Level of difficulty Easy
Preparation time 5mins
Cooking time 15mins
Cost Average budget
Cook the mushrooms first. A small amount (about 1 tsp) of butter of a handful of sliced mushrooms. Fry briefly before adding a tablespoon of water and cooking the lot on a simmer. Season with salt and pepper.
Remove the mushrooms when done and into the same pot, crack in the eggs, together with several small bits of butter. Stir continuously till creamy. Don’t forget the seasoning!
When the eggs are almost done, pop the bread slices (here we used sourdough!) into the toaster for a light browning, not too crunchy.
Then, lay the toast out and shave or slice Cheddar right onto the bottom slice of toast.
Top with the mushrooms, then the cold cuts of ham. Followed by a spooning of mint sauce (or any other type of relish), and finally a good dollop of that creamy scrambled eggs. Put the hat on and pierce through with a skewer to hold it all in place.
Like these recipes? Then you'll love
- Tomato Basil and Cheese scrambled... 3.7/5 (235 Votes)
- Apple kiwi turnovers 3.7/5 (204 Votes)
- The best sarnie in the... 3.6/5 (161 Votes)
- Croque mademoiselle 3.5/5 (164 Votes)
- Easy Peasy Garlic Bread 4.6/5 (58 Votes)
- Pancakes 3.5/5 (143 Votes)
- Saint marcellin cheese and ham... 3.7/5 (148 Votes)
- Syrian Za'atar Breads 3.4/5 (140 Votes)