Great to use up leftover Chilli Con Carne or Bolognese sauce
- 4 rashers bacon
- 2 portions chilli con carne or bolognese sauce
- 4 eggs
- Spring onions
Level of difficulty Average
Cost Average budget
In a large frying pan, cook bacon and slice into thin strips.
In the same pan, heat the chilli con carne or bolognese sauce over a medium heat.
Flatten the chilli mixture with the back of a spoon. Make two indentations in the chilli. Break 1 egg into each indentation.
Cover the frying pan and cook for 12 minutes, or until the eggs are done.
With a large spoon, scoop up 1 egg with a portion of chili and bacon for each serving. Sprinkle with chopped spring onions.
Like these recipes? Then you'll love
- Tomato Basil and Cheese scrambled... 3.7/5 (231 Votes)
- Quick Spaghetti Bolognese Recipe... 3.3/5 (211 Votes)
- Apple kiwi turnovers 3.7/5 (202 Votes)
- Mango chutney 3.6/5 (161 Votes)
- Messy Breakfast Sandwich 3.7/5 (156 Votes)
- Croque mademoiselle 3.5/5 (163 Votes)
- Best Bolognese 3.5/5 (144 Votes)
- Approved byThe Chef Classic chilli con carne 4.1/5 (116 Votes)