AMERICAN BREAKFAST PANCAKES
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1 pinch of salt
- 1 teaspoon white sugar
- 2 large eggs (beaten)
- 30g butter (melted and cooled)
- 300 ml milk
- 225g plain flour
- butter for frying
Level of difficulty Average
Cost Average budget
1) The easiest way to make these is to put all the ingredients into a blender and blitz. But if you do mix up the batter by hand in a bowl, make a well in the flour, baking powder, salt and sugar, beat in the eggs, melted butter and milk, and transfer to a jug: it's much easier to pour the batter into the pan than to spoon it.
2) Heat a smooth griddle or pan on the stove.
3) When you cook the pancakes, all you need to remember is that when the upper side of the pancake is blistering and bubbling it's time to cook the second side, and this needs only about 1 minute, if that.
4) Serve as desired! (preferably with syrup!)
Like these recipes? Then you'll love
- Kinder Bueno Cake 4.2/5 (453 Votes)
- Tomato Basil and Cheese scrambled... 3.8/5 (224 Votes)
- Apple kiwi turnovers 3.7/5 (201 Votes)
- Healthy Ratatouille 3.7/5 (173 Votes)
- Dumplings Without Using Suet 3.5/5 (176 Votes)
- Messy Breakfast Sandwich 3.7/5 (155 Votes)
- Croque mademoiselle 3.5/5 (159 Votes)
- Gluten-free No-bake Banoffee Pie 3.6/5 (148 Votes)