Bolognese to blow your mind
- 800g Minced Beef
- 1 packet Smoked paprika and garlic Chorizo Chopped
- 1 pepper diced
- 300g Mushrooms roughly chopped
- 1 Onion diced
- 2 Garlic Cloves Chopped finely
- 3 Medium Carrots
- finely grated
- 2 tblsp tomato paste
- 1 can of chopped tomatoes
- 2 bottles of cheap pasta sauce base
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 1 tsp ground corriander
- 1 tsp ground chilli
- 1 tsp ground cayenne pepper
- 1 tsp ground paprika
- 2 stock cubes
- salt and pepper
Level of difficulty Average
Preparation time 30mins
Cooking time 60mins
Cost Average budget
Heat a pan with 2 tablespoons of oil on medium heat
Add onion and garlic and cook until soft
Add Mince and brown. Strain off the fat.
Add the chorizo and cook for about 2-3 minutes
add tomato paste and spices, stir in until combined
Add pepper, carrots, stock cubes and the can of tomatoes. Stir in
Add the bottles of pasta sauce base and stir
Bring to the boil and then turn down to simmer for about 10minutes, then add mushrooms and stir. Cover and simmer for another 30 minutes stirring occasionally.
Fill a saucepan with water, add a tblesp of oil, 2 tsps of salt and put on high heat.
Once boiling add the pasta of your choice and cook until soft.
Put a serving size into a warm bowl, add some cheese on top and then top off with a generous spoonfuls of the sauce to melt the cheese into the pasta.
Picture Sourced from the Internet.
Like these recipes? Then you'll love
- FOOD PORN Duck breast in orange sauce 3.5/5 (252 Votes)
- Healthy Ratatouille 3.7/5 (175 Votes)
- Mango chutney 3.6/5 (161 Votes)
- Chicken & thyme risotto 3.6/5 (167 Votes)
- Italian Meat Balls in Tomato Sauce 3.6/5 (145 Votes)
- Approved byThe Chef Classic chilli con carne 4.1/5 (116 Votes)
- Chilli To Blow Your Mind 3.6/5 (132 Votes)
- How to make the perfect pizza dough 3.5/5 (140 Votes)
Chef Tips and Tricks
In this video, we show you the best way to trim and tie a roast, all by yourself! You don't need the butcher or supermarket to do it for you when it's so easy to do it at home.