Chicken & thyme risotto
A simple, filling dish thats easier than just boiling rice!
- 200g Arborio rice
- 750ml chicken stock
- 1 small onion
- finely diced
- 2 chicken breasts diced
- small handful of lemon thyme
- leaves picked
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 8 mushrooms
- finely sliced
- juice of half lemon
- 200g cream cheese
- Parmesan shavings to taste
Level of difficulty Easy
Preparation time 5mins
Cooking time 20mins
Cost Budget Friendly
Heat the olive oil in a heavy based pan on a medium heat.
Add the diced onion and soften but do not allow to colour.
Add the rice and stir for 3 mins,do not allow to colour.
Gradually add the chicken stock, ladle by ladle, stirring fairly vigorously,only adding more stock once the rice has absorbed each ladle.
Once all the stock has been added,remove from the heat.
In a seperate frying pan, lightly fry the chicken until cooked and slightly coloured.
Return the risotto back to a low heat, add the chicken, thyme leaves, mushrooms, lemon juice and mix thoroughly.
Cook for about 3 mins but do not allow it to become 'dry'.
Remove from the heat and stir in the cream cheese, season and serve.
Finish off with Parmesan shavings.
Stirring the rice at the beginning breaks down the starch and makes the risotto more creamy.
You can add other vegetables such as baby corn or baby asparagus.
Like these recipes? Then you'll love
- Kinder Bueno Cake 4.2/5 (453 Votes)
- Approved byThe Chef Classic French onion soup 3.6/5 (361 Votes)
- Clonakilty Blackpudding “Sausage... 3.9/5 (211 Votes)
- 5 minute chocolate fondant mug... 3.7/5 (216 Votes)
- Chicken and Mediterranean bake 5/5 (66 Votes)
- The best sarnie in the... 3.6/5 (160 Votes)
- Hearty meatball bake 3.4/5 (175 Votes)
- Italian Meat Balls in Tomato Sauce 3.6/5 (145 Votes)