Pumpkin soup with vanilla
Level of difficulty Easy
Preparation time 15mins
Cooking time 60mins
Cost Budget Friendly
Choose a large pumpkin. Cut the top off the pumpkin, hollow out, removing the seeds and the flesh which you will cut into cubes. Be careful not to damage the outer skin of the pumpkin (which will serve as a soup bowl).
Cut and peel the carrots and potatoes.
Put the vegetables in a saucepan with the thyme and bay leaf, vanilla bean, split in two, a little grated ginger, mixed spices, salt and pepper.
Add 75 cl of water. Cover and cook about 45 minutes.
Mix all in a blender.
Serve the soup in the pumpkin and decorate with a drizzle of stirred double cream.
Place the pumpkin in the middle of the table as the centre piece.
Like these recipes? Then you'll love
- Approved byThe Chef Classic French onion soup 3.6/5 (361 Votes)
- Clonakilty Blackpudding “Sausage... 3.9/5 (211 Votes)
- Chicken & thyme risotto 3.6/5 (167 Votes)
- Roast Squash with Pear and Kiwi... 3.6/5 (155 Votes)
- Traditional Family Fish Pie 4/5 (110 Votes)
- Moroccan marinated chicken with... 3.5/5 (150 Votes)
- Pumpkin and cinnamon jam 3.4/5 (149 Votes)
- Stuffed butternut squash 3.6/5 (154 Votes)