- 90g of flour
- 80g butter
- 500 ml of milk
- 2 egg yolks
- 150g grated cheese
- 6 tbsp breadcrumbs
- Cooking oil (or deep fryer)
Level of difficulty Easy
Preparation time 45mins
Cooking time 5mins
Cost Budget Friendly
Prepare a thick béchamel (white sauce):
In a saucepan, melt the butter, add salt (to avoid lumps), sprinkle with flour and heat for 1-2 minutes. Add the milk and stir continuously, until the sauce is nice and thick, add more salt and pepper. Remove from the heat and stir in the grated cheese and egg yolks. Leave to cool.
Pour the bread crumbs on a plate.
Shape the batter to form small dumplings. Roll the croquettes in breadcrumbs.
Fry in hot oil. Place on paper towels, they're ready to be served.
Like these recipes? Then you'll love
- Tomato Basil and Cheese scrambled... 3.8/5 (224 Votes)
- Foie gras and leeks cooked "à la... 4/5 (196 Votes)
- Tasty Southwest Quesadilla 3.9/5 (178 Votes)
- Baigan Choka (Caribbean Aubergine... 3.3/5 (191 Votes)
- Chicken Caesar Salad 3.7/5 (176 Votes)
- Traditional Family Fish Pie 4/5 (110 Votes)
- Devilled Eggs 3.9/5 (118 Votes)
- Kiwi strawberry lollipops 3.8/5 (152 Votes)