Prawn and crab spring rolls
- 500 g of stuffing
- 200 g soybean sprouts
- 100 g soya vermicelli
- 100 g crab meat
- 100 g prawns
- 3 carrots (about 150g peeled)
- 3 eggs
- 1 box of dried black mushrooms
- 3 tablespoons of nuoc mam
- 30-40 rice papers of about 15 cm diameter
Level of difficulty Average
Preparation time 240mins
Cooking time 45mins
Cost Average budget
Soak the black mushrooms as explained on the packet and then chop finely. Grate the carrots and beat the eggs. Soak the soya vermicelli in warm water for 15 minutes then cut them into sections 5cm long. Rince the soya sprouts in warm water, drain them then chop them. Chop finely the onions.
Cook the stuffing with the onions in a pan. Once the stuffing is no longer pink in colour, add the crab meat, the nuoc mam and the prawns. Stir well, then chop finely. Reserve in a dish.
In a frying pan, fry the grated carrot, add the chopped soybean sprouts, the vermicelli and the beaten egg. Mix well.
Add the stuffing and mix again.
Leave to cool to room temperature.
Make the spring rolls:
Fill a large bowl with hot water. Add a pinch of sugar and dip each rice paper in the water (2 by 2).
Place the softened rice paper on a clean towel. Place a spoonful of stuffing on the rice paper. Fold over the edge, then the two sides, and then roll, forming the spring roll.
You can either cook the spring rolls in a deep fat fryer or simply in a frying pan with a generous amount of oil.
Don't forget to serve the spring rolls with green salad leaves and the sauce!
Like these recipes? Then you'll love
- Dumplings Without Using Suet 3.6/5 (432 Votes)
- Foie gras and leeks cooked "à la... 4/5 (196 Votes)
- Baigan Choka (Caribbean Aubergine... 3.3/5 (192 Votes)
- Chicken Caesar Salad 3.7/5 (177 Votes)
- Stir fried Garlic Beef with Oyster... 3.5/5 (156 Votes)
- Vegetable Supercurry 3.4/5 (152 Votes)
- King langoustines with early... 3.5/5 (166 Votes)
- Soft potato muffins with spring... 4.5/5 (82 Votes)