Nice and easy spaghetti boligneses recipe
- 3 tins roma tomatoes
- 12oz spaghetti pasta
- 1lb minced beef
- 4 tbsp tomato paste
- 1 diced red onion
- 5 cloves crushed garlic
- 1 1/2 cup red wine
- 3 tbsp olive oil
Level of difficulty Easy
Preparation time 20mins
Cooking time 180mins
Cost Budget Friendly
Place olive oil and onions in a medium heat large saucepan until translucent.
When the onions are just starting to brown add the red wine and de-glaze the pan.
Once the wine has reduced, add in the mince. Cook until beef starts to color ensuring the beef evenly breaks up and there is no lumps of beef.
Add salt and pepper to taste.
Stir in the tomatoes and herbs. Bring to a boil and add the tomato paste.
Boil for 10 mins and insure the beef is sufficiently broken up to a fine consistency.
Reduce heat and let simmer for 3-4 hours
12 mins before you are ready to serve add the pasta to 1.5 liitres of boiling slightly salted water.
Dish out the spaghetti and spoon the sauce on top.
Goes well with a sprinkling of Parmesan cheese on top.
Like these recipes? Then you'll love
- FOOD PORN Duck breast in orange sauce 3.5/5 (252 Votes)
- Healthy Ratatouille 3.7/5 (176 Votes)
- Creamy salmon and veggie pasta 3.4/5 (171 Votes)
- Italian Meat Balls in Tomato Sauce 3.6/5 (145 Votes)
- Beef and red wine ragu 3.5/5 (144 Votes)
- Pasta with wine sauce and peas 3.5/5 (132 Votes)
- Bailey Bolognese 3.7/5 (115 Votes)
- Butternut squash mash with onion... 3.4/5 (100 Votes)
Chef Tips and Tricks
In this video, we show you the best way to trim and tie a roast, all by yourself! You don't need the butcher or supermarket to do it for you when it's so easy to do it at home.