Pasta with wine sauce and peas
- 250g wholewheat fusilli
- 1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 onion
- frozen peas
- dried sage
- 2 tbsp red wine
- tomato sauce
- black pepper
Level of difficulty Easy
Preparation time 10mins
Cooking time 15mins
Cost Budget Friendly
Start cooking the pasta in salted boiling water for about 11-12 minutes.
Chop finely the onion and sautee in olive oil for a couple of minutes, then add the sage and wine and let evaporate a couple of minutes.
Stir in the tomato sauce, it should have a rich burgundy colour, add a splash more of wine if desired. Let it cook for 5 minutes to thicken up.
Throw the frozen peas in the sauce, the heat alone will thaw them and by the time the pasta is cooked they'll be ready too.
Drain the pasta and pour the sauce on top, mixing well. Sprinkle some ground almonds on top and serve.
Like these recipes? Then you'll love
- Tomato Basil and Cheese scrambled... 3.7/5 (231 Votes)
- Tasty Southwest Quesadilla 3.9/5 (178 Votes)
- Healthy Ratatouille 3.7/5 (175 Votes)
- Baigan Choka (Caribbean Aubergine... 3.3/5 (192 Votes)
- Mango chutney 3.6/5 (161 Votes)
- Beef and red wine ragu 3.5/5 (143 Votes)
- Sangria with peaches and apples 4.5/5 (56 Votes)
- ultimate makeover: Spaghetti... 4.1/5 (57 Votes)