This recipe was given to us by a French friend. Iit's a nice, healthy dish, especially if wholemeal flour is mixed with plain to make the crust.
- Pie Crust
- 1 1/3 cups flour (plain
- or a combination)
- 1/3 cup (~75 g) butter or margarine
- 1/4 tsp salt
- cold water
- ~1 1/2 cups cooked cauliflower (boil or steam the florets)
- ~1/3 cup chicken fillet
- diced into small pieces
- 1 cup grated cheese
- 2 eggs
- 1 1/4 cup milk (or use a combination of milk and single cream)
- ~ 1 tbsp olive oil
- black pepper and green chilli to taste
Level of difficulty Average
Cost Average budget
To prepare the pie crust rub the butter into the flour/salt. Add water to form a dough. Roll out the dough and place in a pie dish.
To prepare the filling cook the chicken with a little olive oil, salt, black pepper and green chilli until almost done. Add the cooked vegetables and cook dry.
Spread the cheese over the bottom of the pie crust. Place the filling over the cheese. Beat the eggs and milk well with a little salt and pepper. Pour over the pie. Bake at 180 C (Gas Mark 4) for 45-50 minutes or until firm and the egg mixture has set.
Like these recipes? Then you'll love
- Tomato Basil and Cheese scrambled... 3.7/5 (240 Votes)
- Foie gras and leeks cooked "à la... 4/5 (196 Votes)
- FOOD PORN Duck breast in orange sauce 3.5/5 (252 Votes)
- Quick Spaghetti Bolognese Recipe... 3.3/5 (211 Votes)
- Healthy Ratatouille 3.7/5 (176 Votes)
- Baigan Choka (Caribbean Aubergine... 3.3/5 (195 Votes)
- Croque mademoiselle 3.5/5 (167 Votes)
Chef Tips and Tricks
In this video, we show you the best way to trim and tie a roast, all by yourself! You don't need the butcher or supermarket to do it for you when it's so easy to do it at home.