Tuna and tomato tart with Neufchâtel cheese
By Patricia sur son blog : La table de Pénélope'
- The shortcrust pastry:
- 50 gr of flour
- 125 gr butter
- 1 egg yolk
- 1 pinch salt
- For the tart:
- 700 g fresh tomatoes
- 300g tinned tuna in brine
- 4 eggs
- 25 cl of liquid whipping cream
- 1 Neufchatel cheese (200 gr)
- or you can use a low-fat cream cheese or try camembert or brie
- 16 cherry tomatoes
- Salt and pepper
Level of difficulty Easy
Preparation time 30mins
Cooking time 40mins
Cost Budget Friendly
Prepare the pastry:
Place the flour in a bowl. Add a pinch of salt and the softened butter cut into pieces. Crumble with your fingertips. Make a well and place the egg yolk in the centre. Mix again with your fingers, kneading the flour from the outside inwards. Add water and form a ball. Knead the dough by flattening it with the palm of your hand. Make a ball again and wrap in clingfilm and leave to rest for 30 minutes in the fridge. After this time, roll out the pastry and line the tin. Put it in the fridge while preparing the rest of the recipe.
Preheat the oven to 200 ° C. In a bowl, start by beating lightly the four whole eggs, then add the full fat single cream. Rinse the tuna and pat dry on kitchen roll. Then flake with a fork and add to the bowl. Add salt and pepper and mix well.
Plunge the whole tomatoes in hot water for 5 minutes. Cool them in cold water and remove the skin. Cut them into quarters, remove the seeds and all the juice. You must only keep the pulp. Place this tomato pulp on kitchen roll. Then start to line the tin with the tomato pulp, salt and pepper. Cut the cheese into slices and spread over the tart. Then place the cherry tomatoes between every slice of cheese. Add the egg mixture and cream (step 2) poured evenly over the tart.
Bake at 200 °C for 40 minutes. When baked, remove from the oven and leave to cool a few minutes before removing from the tin.
Serve with a green salad with walnut oil and balsamic vinegar. Bon appetit!
Like these recipes? Then you'll love
- Tomato Basil and Cheese scrambled... 3.8/5 (224 Votes)
- FOOD PORN Duck breast in orange sauce 3.5/5 (252 Votes)
- Tasty Southwest Quesadilla 3.9/5 (178 Votes)
- Quick Spaghetti Bolognese Recipe... 3.3/5 (211 Votes)
- Mille-feuille of asparagus and... 3.3/5 (213 Votes)
- Fish with leeks 3.7/5 (171 Votes)
- Traditional Family Fish Pie 4/5 (110 Votes)
- Italian Meat Balls in Tomato Sauce 3.6/5 (145 Votes)