Thai Salmon Filo Parcels
For waist-watchers and the health conscious, filo pastry is becoming popular.
- 2 middle-cut fillets of salmon (4-5 oz/110-150 g each)
- 4 sheets filo pastry (approximately 7 x 12 inches/18 x 30 cm each)
- 1 teaspoon grated fresh ginger
- grated zest and juice of 1 lime
- 1 clove of garlic
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh coriander
- 1 small spring onion
- finely sliced
- 1 oz (25 g) butter
- salt and freshly milled black pepper
- To serve:
- a few sprigs of coriander
- 1 lime
- cut into quarters
- Pre-heat the oven to gas mark 5,375°F (190°C).
Level of difficulty Average
Cost Average budget
1. Mix together the ginger, lime zest, garlic, coriander and spring onion, then stir in the lime juice in a small bowl.
2. Now melt the butter in a small saucepan, then lay 1 sheet of filo pastry out on a flat surface, brush it all over with some of the melted butter, spread another sheet of filo on top and brush this lightly with melted butter as well.
3. Place one of the salmon fillets near to one end of the filo, season it and sprinkle half the lime and herb mixture on top.
Next, fold the short end of pastry over the salmon, then fold the long sides inwards, roll the salmon over twice more and trim any surplus pastry (it's important not to end up with great wedges of pastry at each end).
4. Wrap the other piece of salmon in exactly the same way and, when you're ready to cook, brush the parcels all over with melted butter, place them on a lightly greased baking sheet and bake in the oven for 20-25 minutes or until the pastry is brown and crisp.
To serve, garnished with sprigs of coriander and wedges of lime to squeeze over.
Like these recipes? Then you'll love
- Dumplings Without Using Suet 3.7/5 (496 Votes)
- FOOD PORN Duck breast in orange sauce 3.5/5 (252 Votes)
- Quick Spaghetti Bolognese Recipe... 3.3/5 (211 Votes)
- Healthy Ratatouille 3.7/5 (176 Votes)
- Masala Fish Goujons with... 3.6/5 (149 Votes)
- Vegetable Supercurry 3.5/5 (154 Votes)
- Chaing-Mai Sticky Rice with Mango 3.5/5 (148 Votes)
- Coriander chicken 3.3/5 (149 Votes)