Bacon and egg scones
A delightful change for breakfast
- 9ozs s.r. flour
- 3ozs margarine
- 3 slices streaky bacon
- to hardboiled eggs (chopped)
- 3ozs cheddar cheese (grated)
- milk to mix
- Salt and pepper
Level of difficulty Easy
Preparation time 15mins
Cooking time 10mins
Heat oven to 200 deg.
Cut bacon into small pieces and fry until nice and crisp. Drain away excess fat and dry off with kitchen towel.
Rub margarine into flour until it resembles fine breadrumbs. Season with salt and pepper.
Stir in bacon, cheese and eggs and then mix to a dough with milk. This should be slightly sticky.
Turn out onto a floured board making sure not to knead too much. Roll out to 1inch thickness and then cut into rounds and place onto a lightly greased baking tray. Bake for about 10 mins until golden brown
Turn out onto a wire cooling tray and leave to cool before buttering and enjoying with a steaming hot cup of coffee.
A couple of shakes of chilli powder to the dry mixture adds another dimension
Like these recipes? Then you'll love
- Kinder Bueno Cake 4.2/5 (460 Votes)
- Tomato Basil and Cheese scrambled... 3.7/5 (230 Votes)
- Tasty Southwest Quesadilla 3.9/5 (178 Votes)
- Apple kiwi turnovers 3.7/5 (202 Votes)
- Messy Breakfast Sandwich 3.7/5 (156 Votes)
- Vanillekipferl 3.5/5 (166 Votes)
- Croque mademoiselle 3.5/5 (163 Votes)
- Cherry and Marzipan Scones 3.6/5 (155 Votes)