Cream cheese icing
this pipe able icing is perfect for cup cakes or for layering on cakes underneath sugar paste
- Large box icing sugar
- One standard tub cream cheese
- One standard block butter
- Few drops food colouring of your choice
Level of difficulty Average
Preparation time 20mins
Cost Average budget
Using a hand blender or whisk, beat all ingredients together until completely smooth. This can take up to 20 minutes and beware you will get covered in icing sugar in the process!
Pipe or spread as required. If the mixture is a little sloppy, add more sugar, if it's too stiff, add more butter and cream cheese in equal parts.
Cakes decorated with this must be kept chilled.
Like these recipes? Then you'll love
- Kinder Bueno Cake 4.2/5 (468 Votes)
- Blackcurrant Cheesecake 3.1/5 (204 Votes)
- Mille-feuille of asparagus and... 3.3/5 (213 Votes)
- Creamy salmon and veggie pasta 3.4/5 (171 Votes)
- Red Velvet Cupcakes 5/5 (18 Votes)
- Eye-boggling Masterpiece 3.4/5 (142 Votes)
- Earl Grey Macarons with Cream... 3.4/5 (138 Votes)